2017. február 18., szombat

Pepper Winters: Crown of Lies

Megjelenés éve: 2017.

Magánkiadás

Fülszöveg: “I met the boy I wanted. But then he vanished and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Noelle Charlston lived a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changed her happy existence forever. First, she met the boy who made her heart sing. Second, she met the man who made her blood quiver.

Noelle’s freedom was no longer hers. It belonged to the man her father believed was the perfect match. The man who pulled his lies over everyone he touched.
Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle lives two lives. The one everyone sees on the outside and the one no one sees on the inside. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he webs—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she’d been and turn her into something else.

Until her past collides with her present.
And it’s her turn to lie.
To everyone…including herself.







Uramatyám. Tudom, hogy minden Pepper Winters könyv értékelését így kezdem, de nem én tehetek róla, hogy ez a nőszemély ilyen fergetegesen jól ír. Minden egyes alkalommal képes úgy lenyűgözni, hogy utána nem találom az államat. Most is ez a helyzet.

Ez a könyv jóval több, mint amire számítottam. Leigázta a lelkemet. Lassan ott tartok, hogy szavakat se találok arra, amit Pepper Winters leművel velem. Nem kímél, az tuti. És én imádom ezért.
Ez a regény minden volt. Nem a tőle megszokott dark téma, és mégis hatalmasat ütött. 




Már nagyon vártam, hogy rátehessem mocskos kis mancsaimat. Hát, az a helyzet, hogy letenni se bírtam. Hihetetlen, teljesen magával ragadott.

Imádtam Elle-t. De tényleg, talán ő az első olyan hősnő, akit teljes mértékig a szívembe tudtam zárni.
És Penn Everett? Hölgyeim, legyetek felkészülve, mert ez az ember aztán nem viccel, azonnal elrabolja a lelkedet!

Annyi mindent tudnék mondani, de egyszerűen nem vagyok méltó arra, hogy erről a regényről beszéljek. Mindenkinek el kell olvasni. Bumm.


---


OMG. I know, I always start my reviews like that when it comes to a Pepper Winters book, but what should I do when this woman writes amazing things like that? Every time, when I think she can’t surprise me, she totally surpasses herself. Every-freakin-time. And she did the same with this book, too.

This story was more than I thought. It conquered my very soul. I think I’m close to that stage where I can’t find the right words to describe what this amazing author does with my feelings. And I love her dearly.

This book was EVERYTHING. It was not exactly a dark one, but it was a bomb.
I could’t wait to get my hands on it. Well, the truth is… I could’t even put it down. I devoured it like nothing else. I was captivated just like that.

I loved Elle. Like really. It’s really rare for me to like a heroine as much as I liked her.
And Penn Everett? Ladies, be ready, he takes no prisoners! My heart is his.

I want to say so much more. But I won’t. You have to read it. Right after it’s released. You don’t want to miss this mind-blowing journey out. That’s all from me. I’m doing a re-read soon. Very soon…








*****
Idézetek
*****
“I don’t have to know you. I feel you.”

“This is crazy.” I hugged him close.
“All things worth fighting for are crazy.”

He looked arctic and unreadable.
He smelled expensive and impenetrable.
He sounded powerful and untouchable.
My worst nightmare wrapped in perfection.

“The moment you said yes all your choices became void. This is my game now.”

“I only own incredible things.”

 


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése