2016. július 20., szerda

Pepper Winters: Pennies (Dollar #1) + Blog Tour





Megjelenés éve: 2016.

Magánkiadás

Sorozat: Dollar

Fülszöveg: “At 18 I had pennies, but money didn’t make me bold. At 19 I had dollars, but it didn’t dull the pain of being sold. At 20 I had hundreds, but then I met him and was found. At 21 I had thousands, but all I wanted was to be bound.”
“At 23 I had dollars, but life changed and made me rich. At 25 I had hundreds, but it wasn’t enough to stop my killing itch. At 27 I had thousands, but my reputation didn’t set me free. At 29 I had millions, but I met her and could finally see.”

Tasmin was killed on her 18th birthday. She had everything planned out. A psychology degree, a mother who pushed her to greatness, and a future anyone would die for. But then her murderer saved her life, only to sell her into a totally different existence.

Elder went from penniless to stinking rich with one twist of fate. His lifetime of crime and shadows of thievery are behind him but no matter the power he now wields, it’s not enough. He has an agenda to fulfill and he won’t stop until it’s complete.

But then they meet.

A beaten slave and a richly dressed thief. Money is what guided their separate fates. Money is what brought them together. And money is ultimately what destroys them.

She was poor.
He was rich.
Together…they were bankrupt.






Azt hiszem, most jött az ideje annak, hogy tombolni kezdjek. Hogy hozzá dobjak valamit a falhoz, mert ez a könyv olyan indulatokat váltott ki belőlem, hogy másként nem is tudnám kifejezni. Ha a Monsters in the Dark sötét volt, akkor itt szinte esély sincsen arra, hogy világosság csillanjon fel valahonnan. Életemben nem olvastam még olyan könyvet, ami ennyire kicsavart volna. Szinte fizikai fájdalmaim voltak közben, hisz végig gyomorgörccsel olvastam, az összes körmömet lerágtam, se enni, se enni, szinte még pislogni sem mertem. Teljesen transzba estem. Brutális módon beleéltem magam. Ilyen felkavaró utazásban még sosem volt részem. Hogy szerettem-e? Minden egyes mind-fucking pillanatát! Furcsán hangzik, de egyszerűen ez van. Mert én imádom, mikor egy regény még akkor is képes libabőrt kiváltani, amikor már réges-régen befejeztem.

Muszáj kiemelnem Pepper „el
őszavát”, ami lényegében egy figyelmeztetés:
„Pennies (Dollars #1) is a DARK ROMANCE. This means there will be hard to read scenes, graphic language, and sexual content (both implied and explicitly written). Please do not read if falling in love with a man who dresses in monster robes rather than knightly armour offends you. This is not a fairy-tale. This is a black abyss that must be climbed blind before deserving the light. Along with literary darkness, this is book one of a five book series. Each subsequent novel will be released every few months (so your fingernails don’t tire holding onto the cliff-hanger), and each is full-length. Please also remember not all answers are given and not every character is as they seem. There are beasts adorned in angel clothing and angels hiding in beast’s fur.
Remember that.
You have been warned.
Don’t say you weren’t told.
Read at your own peril.
Fall in love with Elder Prest at your own risk.
Are you ready?
You sure?
You really, really sure?
Okay then...enter the world of pennies and dollars.”

Ezek után senki sem mondhatja azt a végén, hogy bármi is nyuszifület ígért volna, majd kemény, rohadt er
ős hasba rúgással ajándékozta meg. Pepper szólt. Én is szóltam. Nem rózsaszín unikornispuki-imádóknak való regény ez.



Már az elején rám borított egy vödör jéghideg vizet. Egy pillanatra nem is voltam biztos abban, hogy akarom én ezt folytatni. De ekkor bevillant, hogy Pepper még sosem okozott csalódást. Mindig olyanokat csavar a történeteken, hogy azt vétek lenne kihagyni. Így belemerültem, és csak a végén bukkantam a felszínre. Ez is egy olyan könyv, amit képtelenség letenni. Konkrétan nyitott szájjal olvastam végig. Még most sem tértem rendesen magamhoz. Hosszú id
ő kellett ahhoz, hogy egyáltalán odáig eljussak, hogy lenyugtassam remegő kezeimet. Ebben a pillanatban is csipkedem az arcomat, hogy ideje lenne már elfogadni, hogy vége történetnek, vissza kéne térni a való világba.
Nehéz, az az egy biztos.

A karakterekr
ől nem fogok még most beszélni, hisz legszívesebben sikítoznék. Legyen elég annyi, hogy félelmetesen igazinak tűntek.

A v
ége a csontjaim velejéig megrázott. Akarom a következő rész. Most azonnal.

*****
Idézetek

*****

FREEDOM.
Such a modest word.


Silence was a weapon I could wield better than panic. And if it meant I never uttered another word until I found freedom, then so be it.


According to my heritage, I was a no one. Not worthy to be called a man.
I’m fine with that.


He was a contradiction. A conundrum. Something fascinating I couldn’t figure out.


I was a tormentor. A killer. A thief.
And I wanted to steal her courage drop by fucking drop.


Sex was revolting.
Sex was sickening.
Sex was not something I would ever grow to love.
I was sure of it.


Shame.
She filled me with fucking shame.


I didn’t know him.
But I wanted to.





PENNIES_BOOK_TOUR.jpg




“A beaten slave and a richly dressed thief. Money is what guided their separate fates. Money is what brought them together. And money is ultimately what destroys them.”


Meet Elder in PENNIES,
Pepper Winters’ newest Dark Romance Series!


ONLY $0.99!


Google Play: http://bit.ly/1Plgtvw


PENNIES_LIVE.jpg

teaser 3.jpg
Excerpt


Fuck this.
I stalked forward.
My hand came up.
The urge to soothe her catapulted my fingers to her cheek. My skin erupted from her delicate heat. I’d already had my single touch when I’d petted her hair. I wasn’t permitted a second.
But it didn’t stop me.
One second, she stood close, arching her chin at the door.
The next, she was across the cage, flying into a stack of boxes that tumbled in a clatter of butcher knives, butter knives, and sharp forks.
Her eyes turned luminous in the gloom, locking on mine with rage.
Shit.
I’d forgotten myself by feeling sorry for this beaten wraith, but she hadn’t forgotten her overwhelming hatred of men.
I didn’t look away. But I didn’t explain myself, either.
I’d borrowed her for the night. If I wanted to touch her, I could. The fact that she’d leapt away meant I could report her to her master and have her punished.
Or you could punish her instead.
The distance between us grew thicker as we breathed fast.
I waited…wanting to know just how deep her education in pleasure flowed. Tearing her gaze from mine, she swallowed hard. Piece by piece, she hid her loathing, replacing it with reluctant acceptance.
Inching closer, her toes nudged aside sharp blades as she made her way to me and fell to her knees on the cold concrete.
Half of me jolted with insane lust. Most of me shied away with repulsion as her straggly hair covered her face but not before I saw the twisted disgust and echoing despair.
“Get up,” I murmured. Even though my voice was low, the cavern of the garage amplified it, layering it with bite.
Instantly, she swooped up. The crackle of her joints and misused cartilage in her bones sounded like tiny gunfire.
“Don’t kneel. Not in here.”


pennies c2.jpg


Pre-order the Entire Series HERE!
Dollars (Book Two)
Release date to be determined


Hundreds (Book Three)
Release date to be determined


Thousands (Book Four)
Release date to be determined


Millions (Book Five)
Release date to be determined
About the Author
Pepper.jpg


Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero, the better, and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex... her books have sex.
She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends.

STALK Pepper: Website | Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Goodreads

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése